Negative emotions are strong energies which bring great unhappiness to our self and those around us. Negative emotions seems very concrete but try and pinpoint exactly where they are. Are they in your heart? Your mind? Your body? Clouds can darken the sky and cover the sun. In the same way our negative emotions cover the positive nature of our mind. Clouds are not as concrete as they look, neither are our emotions. Let’s take anger. Usually we think of overpowering and destroying our anger – or the enemy we think created our anger – as a positive thing. But the Buddha said, ‘Hatred is not conquered by hate but by love alone’. This is a Universal law. If we follow our anger we will feel as if we are in hell, and we may create a hell on earth with the actions we do with our anger. But if we look at the true nature of our anger then we can extinguish its flames. This is true strength. I was an extremely angry teenager who got into many fights. Shaolin Kung Fu transformed my mind. As martial artists, whether we train alone or fight in the ring, we’re not fighting for anger or victory. We’re fighting to test our skill and master our mind. A strong peaceful healthy body leads to a strong peaceful healthy mind. This is why the founder of Zen, Bodhidharma, prescribed Qigong to the monks at the Shaolin Temple. Everything that makes us angry can be turned around into a way of making our light shine brighter rather than dimmer. Everything that frustrates us shows us how far we have to travel on our journey to peace and wellness. It’s easy to feel overwhelmed with the tragic events that are happening around the world. But we have to look at positive role models such as the late Nelson Mandela who chose wisdom to transform his country. And the Vietnamese Monk, Thich Nhat Hanh, who does Zen retreats with Vietnam veterans. While we may not become a leader of our country, peace begins with our self. If we can create peace within the universe of our mind then we create peace with our friends, family, and in our neighborhood. This is how it spreads out into the world. So give yourself some breathing space. It’s more important than you think. Shifu Yan Lei teaches Shaolin Kung Fu available as a DVD or download. Shifu Yan Lei teaches Shaolin Qigong available as a DVD, download or book.
Stress is a natural part of our life. The way we react to stress plays a major role in the health of our mind and body. Seventy-five percent of all doctor’s office visits in the USA are for stress-related ailments and complaints. If we don’t return our mind and body to its natural relaxed state then stress can lead to ill health or anxiety and depression. Stress is very easily fixed with the practice of simple Qigong movements.
Last month, a business man came to me who worked 50 hours a week. The doctor told him that if he continued to live like this, he would probably have only ten more healthy years to go, he is forty-five years old. Through training twice a week with me and working with my Qigong Workout DVD at home, he’s now got his mind and body back and the all clear from his doctor. It’s really simple to take control and fix stress.
Your 7 Step Fix Stress With Qigong Plan
1) STOP ( even just for five minutes). When we are “stressed-out”, it’s very difficult to stop but this is what we must do. It’s amazing what a five minute Qigong Timeout can do.
2) HAVE FAITH. Doubt reduces our energy. Qigong induces a meditative state. Neuroscientists have found that these ancient practices “can increase our well-being and quality of life.”
3) JUST DO IT. Find a place the size of a yoga mat and do Qigong. Start by following my video below.
4) LET GO. Whatever comes up, thoughts, plans, worries, gently let them go.
5) COMMIT TO FIVE MINUTES AM & PM. You’re stressed and you’re busy so commit to just five minutes in the morning and five minutes before you go to bed.
6) KEEP IT SIMPLE. All you have to do is follow your breath and movement. It’s that simple. Don’t complicate it with anything else.
7) CONGRATULATE YOURSELF. You’re now on the path of the Shaolin Warrior. You’re increasing your wellbeing and your sense of clarity and flow. You’re taking control of your life.
“The Shaolin Zen Masters never underestimated our potential for peace, happiness, and enlightenment. They gave us the keys, all we need to do is put the action in.”
Click HERE to find out how my Qigong Workout helped a stressed out mum
Click HERE for more information on Instant Health: The Qigong Workout For Longevity.